Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Amber Holcomb Sang My Funny Valentine For Real, Like a Natural Born Star (Video). But See Also Melinda Doolittle


Amber Holcomb - Vegas Singoff - American Idol 12 by IdolxMuzic

I would buy Amber Holcomb's rendition of "My Funny Valentine" right this minute if it were for sale. The young Texan performed the jazz classic on tonight's sudden death round of American Idol, proving that she deserves to be on the show and in the music business. I enjoyed Kree Harrison and singer/songwriter Angela Miller as well.

Also, take a look at the joy shining on Keith Urban's face while he watched Amber sing. Talk about singer love!

I don't watch Idol like I used to, but I'm happy I tuned in tonight.

Based on something someone said on Twitter, I decided to add Melinda Doolittle's performance of My Funny Valentine on Season 6 of American Idol. She also did an excellent job with the song, but as we know, she was also voted off the show despite being an early front runner. However, some Idol voters thought she didn't "look" like a star. Seriously, this idea about "having the whole package" is the death of real music. Fortunately, there are some who have been voted off Idol who don't let stupid voting stop them from go on to better things.



No comments: