Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Funk Soul Brother Dance from 'She's All That' Movie

This post was originally posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006, at my defunct blog Confessions of a Jersey Goddess.

My kids are so glad I found this clip because I've been known to have She's All That, a teen formula movie, playing as background while I work waiting to see this dance scene. It's the scene where Usher's the DJ and the senior class does a choreographed dance to "Funk Soul Brother." What can I say? I was raised on the MGM musical.

And right now I'm watching the Kennedy Center Honors on CBS with tributes to Andrew Lloyd Webber, Dolly Parton, Smokey Robinson, and Steven Spielberg. I love it! The offspring say, "Borinnnggggg!"

This all gives the impression that I sit around and watch TV and hang on the computer, but actually we were out earlier tonight to see a movie at the Loews in Mountainside, NJ. We changed our minds because the line was out the door. I wanted to see The Children of Men, but that hasn't been released to our area. So, I'd settled for Night at the Museum with Ben Stiller to appease my son who didn't get the Ninentdo Wii he wanted for Christmas. He'll have to wait until March when more are expected in stock and the price goes down. Boy! The things we do for children.

Also popped into Trader Joes in Westfield. They've changed over to their own brand on a lot of products. So I may shop there less. Some of the brands they used to have were the main reason I shopped there. Guess I'll be visiting the Whole Foods in Millburn more now.

And now for that dance clip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always wanted to see this clip again - thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

I find it too funny too....always perfectly danced in a movie but have you ever seen this at ANY school! Was a classic tho & didn;t know that was Usher?! I'll be...